Saturday, April 2, 2011

3/30 Taylor Swifty

Blog 3/30

All,

Choose a song/video from the album by the artist you usually wouldn't listen to, post it and discuss why you were surprised, incredulous, etc., about the quality of the music.

I probably wouldn't listen to Taylor Swift. Better yet, I wouldn't even want to associate myself with Taylor because I'm a guy. That would be gay right? Well when we were driving to Athen, my friend turned on Taylor Swift. He is a huge Taylor Swift fan and I have to say he got a girlfriend. When I was listening to her song "Better Than Revenge," and " "Mine," I immediately say to myself, "gee her lyrics are clean." I was suprised by the catchiness of her songs even though she is country and it is clean. This goes to show that you don't need to talk about women, cars, and money to sell records. This women sold millions of records!

Taylor Swift's songs a re based upon her experience. This is what gives her song a more personal touch and connection that her fans can relate to. Unlike other artists who talk about money and cars, she actually go through it and on top of that writes her own lyrics. I am surprised by her talent as she is very young. Other than that I would recommend guys listening to Taylor Swift when you're with your girl because they dig that.


No comments:

Post a Comment