Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog 2/14

To be honest, I never liked art or even considered graffiti art. When I see graffiti, I consider them to be  related to gang activities. According to the articles the movie Exit through the Gift Shop is about two artists, Banksy and Guetta, who uses street art to express themselves. Street arts or graffiti as we like to call it, is almost always looked upon as gang related activities. Banksy street art is not at all gang related but it is more on the political side.

I do think this is a valid topic because its a bit controversial. Mr.Brainwash as Thierry was calling himself, shows his face on camera unlike other street artist who lurks in the shadows. Perhaps he was trying to become famous. I don't understand why he isn't arrested since its illegal to paint on buildings etc.

I do enjoy art because it shows the artist's imagination. Art sets them free and they can do whatever they want. It's like they're in another world. Art can also sometimes relieves stress. To me art isn't just painting on a piece of paper, art is everything created basically. From phones to buildings, everything starts on a drawing board. Even though I hate to say it, gang signs on buildings are art as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment