Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2/16

I thought that the title was a little misleading but then once we finished watching the movie, it made more sense. The title kind of mean how Thierry was able to sell all of his stuff through the "gift shop" exhibit. He basically did art to make money and not really to express himself like Banksy did. His art exhibit was hidden as a gift shop. Theirry made millions off of paintings that were photoshopped and printed and I thought that was cheating. I say cheating because Banksy and the other street artists arts were from their minds and Theirry instead photoshopped pictures. At the end of the movie, I thought that Theirry really was trying to become rich instead of really expressing himself.


I thought that it was a great inspirational film even though Theirry was making millions of photoshopped pictures. It also made me re-think about the graffiti around Atlanta. Everytime I see graffiti, I think about gangs. Maybe its not really gang related after all. It's just how some people are expressing themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment